The Indian team could not start the three-match T20 series against Australia with a win and Australia defeated them in a thrilling match.
Indian cricket team has lost in the first T20. (Pic Credit BCCI)
After performing poorly in the Asia Cup-2022, it was expected that Team India would start with a three-match T20 series win against Australia at home, but it did not happen. Australia defeated India by four wickets in the first match of the series played in Mohali on Tuesday. Batting first, India scored 208 runs. Hardik Pandya scored an unbeaten 71 for that. In his innings, this batsman faced 30 balls and hit seven fours and five sixes. Apart from him, KL Rahul scored 55 runs in 35 balls with the help of four fours and three sixes.
Looking at the score that Team India had made, it was thought that it would win the match easily, but the world winning team of T20 showed a great game and achieved the target two balls before losing six wickets. For him, Cameron Green scored 61 runs in 30 balls, which included eight fours and four sixes. Matthew Wade played an innings of 45 not out off 21 balls. Let us tell you the reason for India’s defeat in this match.
- The toss was very important in this match because no team likes to bowl in the second innings due to dew on this ground. But Indian captain Rohit Sharma lost the toss and the Australian captain won the toss and called India to bat first.
- The Indian team had a target of 209 runs but they needed a good start which they did not get. Finch and Cameron Green put pressure on the Indian bowlers from the very first over and batted aggressively.
- Green’s stormy batting was one of the main reasons for India’s defeat. The innings he played did not let the Indian bowlers get set and they lost their momentum.
- Indian fielders also performed very poorly in this match. Axar Patel dropped Green’s catch at the very beginning and KL Rahul also dropped Steve Smith’s catch. Harshal Patel also dropped the catch of Matthew Wade in the 18th over. If the players of the team had taken this opportunity, then the result could have been something else.
- In the death overs, the bowlers of the Indian team could not perform as they should have. Instead of stopping the runs in the last over, the Indian bowlers looted runs, due to which the team had to face defeat.
Today’s big news
For More Sports News Visit THEKASHMIRNEWS.com