The BCCI on Monday announced a 15-man squad for the T20 World Cup. Board has taken a big decision on Rishabh Pant, Dinesh Karthik, Deepak Chahar
Team India will start its campaign on 23 October under the leadership of Rohit Sharma.
New Delhi. Team India’s journey in Asia Cup 2022 ended in Super 4 itself. Disappointed by the poor performance in the Asia Cup, Team India is now eyeing the T20 World Cup to be held in Australia next month. Under the leadership of captain Rohit Sharma, the Indian team will start its campaign against Pakistan on 23 October. Which Indian players will fly to Australia for this tournament has also been revealed. The BCCI has announced Team India for the T20 World Cup on Monday. The team selection has surprised everyone. Before the selection, there was constant discussion about Rishabh Pant, Dinesh Karthik, Ravindra Jadeja and Deepak Chahar, but with the team announcement these discussions have increased instead of ending. Know here 5 big things about the selection of Team India
- Ravindra Jadeja’s place in the team was believed to be confirmed, but he got injured in the Asia Cup, which disturbed the balance of the team. After Jadeja’s exit, he also did a lot of experiments in Team India, due to which the team had to bear the loss, but now he has also been out of the World Cup, which is a big blow for Team India. In his place, Akshar Patel has been given a chance. Akshar played the only match against Afghanistan in the Asia Cup, in which he conceded 24 runs in 4 matches. However, he did not get any success.
- Jasprit Bumrah and Harshal Patel are back in the team. With the return of both, India’s pace battery has become very strong. Both were out of the Asia Cup due to injury. Bumrah was battling with a back injury. At the same time, Harshal was troubled by a rib injury.
- Everyone is surprised in the name of Deepak Chahar. He has been kept on standby for the T20 World Cup. Actually Deepak Chahar was out of the field for a long time due to injury. Now he is completely fit. Chahar was away from the field since February. He made a comeback against Zimbabwe in Harare only last month. Where a total of 5 wickets were taken in 2 matches.
- The debate on whether Rishabh Pant will get a place in the T20 World Cup or Dinesh Karthik was also going on for a long time. At present, both of them have got a place in the 15-member team of BCCI. Pant got a chance to play 4 matches in the Asia Cup, where he flopped badly with the bat. At the same time, Karthik played 3 matches in the Asia Cup, where he got a chance to bat only once.
- After the Indian team’s poor performance in the Asia Cup, it was expected that Mohammed Shami would get a chance, but he has been kept on standby along with Deepak Chahar, Shreyas Iyer, Ravi Bishnoi for the World Cup.
Today’s big news
For More Sports News Visit THEKASHMIRNEWS.com