Due to the busy lifestyle, we are often unable to pay proper attention to our body. As a result, the body’s risk of being vulnerable to minor and major physical problems increases. In such a situation, yoga can be considered a healthy option. Not only can it improve lifestyle, but it can also help in staying away from diseases. To keep your body healthy, today we are going to tell about a special posture ‘Tadasana’ (Mountain Pose).
what is tadasana
Tadasana is considered to be the foundation of yogasanas performed while standing. This is because, while doing this yoga, the body remains very straight and stable. Tadasana can help keep the spine healthy, which makes it easier to perform other asanas. This is a very simple yoga asana.
Know why Tadasana is beneficial for you
1. For Diabetes
There are many such asanas mentioned in yoga, which can be beneficial in diabetes. One of these names is also of Tadasana. A research published by the National Center of Biotechnology Information (NCBI) states that Tadasana is one of the yogasanas that can help in controlling type 2 diabetes. This asana helps in controlling the blood sugar level.
2. Helpful in improving posture
To improve the posture (posture) of the body, it is very important to keep the spine straight. In this case, the benefits of Tadasana can be seen in keeping the spine healthy. While doing this yoga asana, the spine is kept straight, which can help in maintaining the posture of the body. Also, Tadasana can help keep the spine flexible and balance the body.
Also read- Belly fat has increased after delivery, so these 2 ways will work for you
3. Strengthens Knees, Thighs and Ankles
Doing yoga is beneficial for the whole body, but some yogasanas work on certain parts of the body. Similarly, Tadasana yoga also works especially on the knees, thighs and ankles.
A research conducted by Arizona State University has found that the benefits of Tadasana can help keep the spine straight as well as keep the knees, thighs and ankles strong.
4. Aids in Digestion
With the help of Tadasana yoga, it can help to overcome digestive problems. In fact, research clearly mentions that regular Tadasana can help in flushing out the stomach dirt, which can improve digestion.
5. Helpful in back and hip pain
According to research, regular practice of Tadasana yoga can be helpful in relieving pain in the back, hips and thighs due to pressure in the spinal nerves in the lower back.
Know here the right way to do Tadasana
- To do this yoga asana, stand straight on a flat place. Both feet should be the same. Make sure that there is not much distance between the legs.
- Then trap the fingers of both your hands and take them above the head. Keep in mind that the direction of the palms should be towards the sky.
- Then take a deep breath and pull the body upwards. During this position, the weight of your body should be only on the toes.
- Try to remain in this position for a few seconds and keep breathing regularly.
- Then exhale and come to the starting position.
- In the beginning 3 to 5 cycles of this asana can be done.
Take some precautions while doing Tadasana
- If you have a headache, do not do Tadasana yoga.
- People suffering from insomnia (trouble of sleeping) should avoid doing Tadasana.
- Patients with low blood pressure should not do this yoga.
Also read- It is important to comb the hair even before sleeping at night, know 8 such hair growth tips
For More Health Related Blogs visit www.thekashmirnews.com